TRUTH FELLOWSHIP CHURCH "The truth will make you free" (John 8:32).
TRUTH FELLOWSHIP CHURCH "The truth will make you free" (John 8:32).
"THEREFORE having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).
1810 El Jobean Road, Port Charlotte, FL 33948, US
10:00 am ......... Adult Bible Study
11:00 am .......... Worship Service (Also the Sermon is on Truth Fellowship Church Facebook Page on Sunday at 11am.)
7:00 pm .......... "HOUR OF Prayer" (Live on Truth Fellowship Church Facebook Page)
Wednesdays 7:00pm - 830pm
(March 3rd - May 26th)
WHEN TO BEGIN
You are welcome to begin attending our DivorceCare group at any point. Each session is "self-contained," so you do not need to attend in sequence. You will be able to pick up any sessions you missed in our next 13-week cycle.
Truth Fellowship Church
For More Information
Pastor Bob & Linda McGovern
REGISTRATION FEE: $20.00 (Includes Participant Workbooks)
(ORIENTATION / REGISTRATION) You may register at weekly meeting.
DC4K - Divorce Care for Kids (Sorry Currently Not Offered - Hope to Offer It Soon)
CHILDCARE: DC4K - DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K is designed for children 5-12 years old)
Currently, we have no regular childcare or childcare for children less than 5 yrs of age. (Learn more about DC4K on www.DC4K.org.)
What's Happening to Me?
The Road to Healing/Finding Help
Facing My Anger
Facing My Depression
Facing My Loneliness
What Does the Owner's Manual Say?
Moving On, Growing Closer to God
(Learn more about DivorceCare at www.divorcecare.org. )
“Jesus Is Calling & Waiting for You - Part 5”
Here we are with part five of a series titled, “Jesus Is Calling & Waiting for You.” Will this series stop at 5 or will it continue? However, when looking within God’s Word you discover that the Lord’s call is endless. His call upon our life involves so many different issues that I could preach on this subject forever. God has called you and me for His purpose, which also includes things He hasn’t called us to, such as what, 1stThessalonians tells us, “For God has not called us for the purpose of impurity, but in sanctification” (1 Thessalonians 4:7).
He has called us to sanctify (separate) ourselves from all or any form of iniquity. We are Christians, meaning “called out ones.” We are in the world, but not of the world. We are called to be light in the darkness, but not to involve ourselves (participate) in the affairs of darkness.
He has also called you to trust Him. Until you answer that call to trust Him you will not separate yourself from all the other areas He is telling you to do. You will not be capable of opening your heart to the fullness of God’s love. Proverbs chapter 3 clearly commands us, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
With all your heart, you must trust Him! Because if you do not you leave yourself open to trust in yourself, which can drive you away from the Word of God, His guidance and His direction for your life. As we’re told in Hebrews chapter 2 and verse 1, “For this reason we must pay close attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away from it” (Hebrews 2:1).
Our heart can be so easily corrupted by our own sinful desires. As Jesus shared, “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders” (Matthew 15:19).
You can have all the Bible knowledge in the world with all sorts of degrees and still place yourself outside of God’s will. Being outside of God’s will is not always committing some evil act as in murder, stealing, adultery, or many of the other commandments, but without knowing it your pride can blind you from seeing yourself as God does.
We are commanded to love the LORD with all our heart, but if we allow other things outside of God’s will to have freedom within our hearts it will be impossible to love Him as He has commanded us to.
Therefore, allow the love of God through faith to enter into your heart. The love of God can be poured into your heart and how, “…the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us” (Romans 5:5).
LET US PRAY: “Heavenly Father, I ask You to show us how we have failed in this area of trusting You. You have spoken to me for several days how we are failing to trust in You because we are leaning, in several areas, on our own understanding. I ask You Lord to open the eyes to our spiritual blindness so to see clearly before great harm is done. May this prayer be answered as it brings first You glory, and spiritual healing to a fallen and broken world. In Christ. Amen.”
The purpose and mission of this church shall be to strive, by the direction of God through the Holy Spirit to carry out the "great commandment" as presented in Matthew 22:36-40 and the "great commission" as presented in Matthew 28:18-20, which includes worship, ministry, evangelism, fellowship and discipleship.
1. We believe God's Word, the Bible, is eternal truth written by holy men chosen under the explicit supernatural direction of the Holy Spirit, which contains no error and is the complete and final revelation of the will of God to man.
2. We believe there is only one eternal and true God, but He is manifested in three separate persons in the Godhead: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. They are co-existent, co-equal, and co-eternal (Jn 1:1; 1 Jn 5:7; Mt 3:16-17).
3. We believe in the literal account of Creation as found in Genesis chapters 1, 2 and 3. God also created a spiritual realm that consists of a holy order of angels and other created beings (Rev 5:11; Isaiah 14:12-15; 1 Pet 5:8).
4. We believe that the man, Adam, was created in innocence, but willfully chose to sin, thus severing his personal relationship with God, which the consequence of Adam's fall has effected all men (Gen 2:16-17, 3:6).
5. We believe that Salvation, the reconciliation of man's fallen relationship with God, is a Divine work solely dependent upon the grace of God through the finished work of Christ (Rom 5:11; Jn 1:12-13; Eph 1:7).
6.We believe that the home was the first institution God provided for man and that marriage is a sacred relationship between one man and one woman, which Scripture teaches Christians should only marry other Christians and sex before or outside of marriage is a destructive sin (Gen 2:24; 1 Cor 6:9-10, 19-20; 1 Thes 4:1-8; Heb 13:4).
7. We believe the church, the body of Christ, is composed of born-again believers who have placed their trust in Jesus Christ at Pentecost that Jesus Christ is the founder, the head, the builder and sustainer of the church (Acts 8:1, 13:1, 20:17; Mt 16:18; Eph 2:19-20; Col 1:18).
8. We believe in the return of Christ in the clouds for His church before the Tribulation period and the Pre-millionnial return of Christ to the earth to rule and reign (1 Thess 4:16-18; Rev 3:10, 4:1; Zech 14:1-4; Rev 19:11-16).
9. We believe that people are created to exist forever either separated from God by sin or eternally with God through His forgiveness and salvation (Jn 3:16-18). People who have placed their trust in Christ will live with Him in a literal heaven and those that reject Christ will be cast in the Lake of Fire with the devil and his angels for all eternity (Rev 20:10-15).
Copyright © 2021 Truth Fellowship Church - All Rights Reserved.